One of the most important features of the Sixth Form at QEH is how it prepares its students for Higher Education and beyond. As competition for places at good universities becomes more intense, the importance of this aspect of the Sixth Form has increased significantly.
Our well-qualified and experienced staff offer specialised guidance and support in this demanding process. Your tutor will help you to recognise your own skills and potential and to write a Personal Statement that presents you at your absolute best. The expertise of our Head of Sixth Form and of committed tutors, who know you really well, will be available to you on a regular one-to-one basis.
In this way you are offered every opportunity to reach your personal best, and gain entry to the most prestigious universities and medical schools in the UK or abroad.
Last year, 70% of our students secured places at Russell Group universities (including Oxbridge). These are some of the best universities with regard to quality of teaching and research.
The support given to students includes:
- Introduction to the UCAS application process, online resources and research skills and time to begin the research. We invest a great deal of time in supporting and encouraging you with your UCAS application
- GAP year opportunities - outside speakers, including recent former pupils, often discuss their experiences first hand
- Generic and subject specific advice on writing personal statements
- Medical/veterinary and Oxbridge applications advice. Admissions tutors visit the school and offer direct advice and answer specific questions. In addition, recent former pupils attend an Oxbridge evening in an informal setting you can access information first-hand and gain insight into application process
- Extension lessons for Oxbridge and competitive degree applicants
- Support with preparation for aptitude tests
- Interview skills practice.
In the current climate where competition for university places is fierce, you will get all possible encouragement to achieve highly.